Friday, July 4, 2014

MIA

I have totally so sooo busy with school, that I have been eating on the run.  And definitely no time to post updates.  Today fortunately I am making myself take a day off, even though I still have so much to do.

I've been literally living off of:

Bread and butter -- dipping in balsamic vinegar and oil

vegan yogurt (coconut and soy)

cereal-- ezekiel (it has no sweetener added), which ran out pretty fast -- in addition to the almond milk also running out, so I switched over to 1/4 cup of chia seeds soaked in 2 cups of water -- I didn't have time to cut up fruit, so I would just put 1 tbsp of mesquite powder in the chia mixture and call it good!  I'd put it in a tupperware and bring it school. I've been working early morning, way before I even have an appetite to work with, so this makes an easy thing to bring to school and eat later.

I've also intermittently been eating the pre-made indian food packets, you can get them at Natural Grocers.  One brand is Tasty Bite -- it's super convenient and lasts a couple of meals.

This is sooo embarrassing but I have a fridge completely full of fresh foods from my CSA share -- totally ridiculous!!!! I have had zero time to make food.  I think the most I did in the past week is soak chia seeds.. and chop a little bit of cabbage to go with my premade indian packet of rajma beans.

Natural Grocers has been a total life savor.
They have ready made hummus wraps, pastas and samosas which are wonderful to get when I am in a rush.

I've also had to rely on Taco times -- veggie burrito with no diary-- which iS SO convenient in times of need.

Pro-bar meals are also still my favorite BY far meal in a bar ... which give much needed energy in the afternoon of a super long work day.  My work days consist of super long hours at the lab, farm or both.  Plus running errands.. and Trying to maintain a house somewhat in order, even as my sleep is definitely taking a hit-- I think I've been averaging 5 hours of sleep a night for the past 2 weeks.. no naps.  :/// SOOO BUSY.  Yesterday I was at the lab for 18 hours, minus 1 hour that I ran to natural grocers to grab dinner!!! crazy.

Last week I did manage to make a few homemade burritos --
Rice tortillas spread with 3-4 tbsp of refried beans put in the oven under broil for 5-10 minutes
Then topped with salad greens, chopped tomato, avocado, salsa, sprinkled with nutritional yeast
AND I didn't have lemon, so I used baobab powder as a replacement, about 1/2 tsp in 1 tbsp of water -- has a very pleasant sour taste!! and replaced lemon pretty well!!

I AM seriously hoping to be able to juice all the veggies in my fridge soon... I have no idea what I am going to do on Tuesday when I am picking up a whole new CSA share... EEEK.

My plan is to juice all the veggies, and turn them into icecubes lol.. and put them in my water throughout the week!!! good idea???

Monday was my birthday and although it was super busy I still squeezed in some time to let my parents take me out to eat.. I just had a veggie burrito no dairy at Beehive Grill.  I also splurged at the store and bought myself a vegan chocolate bday cake and some vegan 'reeses' -- can't remember the exact brand of them.. but they are sooooo good!!! Yesterday I bought a cold chai tea .. non caffeinated but unfortunately wasn't without sweetener... from Natural Grocer.. it was actually pretty good!  It was made with soy milk, spices, ginger juice and black tea.  :)

Hopefully I will get time to juice today.

:)

BUSY BUSY BUSY.


No comments:

Post a Comment