Thursday, July 10, 2014

Speedy meals on the go

I'm not home much these days, with work/school picking up, I'm easily working over 12 hours a day.

Unfortunately this means more on meals bought outside of the home, but a couple days ago I could tell between lack of sleep and home cooked food, I needed to start taking better care.. well it could have been actually closer to my bodies decision, because yesterday all I felt like consuming was, seaweed-- spirulina -- the tiny blue green algae is one of the oldest inhabitants of the planet.  It's a high source of protein, minerals and vitamins.  It has the richest source of absorbable vitamin A and the best source of Iron-- even over supplements! High in Vitamin B's, even B12!  It even has 300% vitamin D per 10 grams.

I ate about 1/3 cup of spirulina yesterday... wasn't sure if it's something you can overdose on.. but I felt fine!  I also had the juice of 2-3 lemons.

I also had a couple spicy vegan chikn patties with ketchup :) lol talk about quick food... strange combination of stuff, but seemed to work!

Today for Breakfast:
2 ezekiel toast spread with vegan butter, peanut butter and raw cocao/coconut butter, topped with raisins AND cherry smoothie -- the smoothie came out thick I made it the other day, and it actually works as a jam (there is even spinach in the smoothie)

Cherry Smoothie:
1 cup strawberries
2-3 cup pitted cherries
2-3 cups spinach
1 tbsp lemon juice
start with 1 cup water, if it's not enough to blend add more.
(I only used a couple dollops for the smoothie, and I am planning on putting the rest in ice cube containers.. for a fun version of ice)

Lunch:
veggie burrito no dairy substituted for guacamole for lunch with hot sauce.

Dinner:

Fresh Green pea and lemon juice:
2 cups fresh raw green peas (can include edamame)
3 carrots
2 celery sticks
2 lemons one peeled and one whole
2-3 cups of red lettuce
(I only had about 1/2 the juice)

another ezekiel toast -- made just the same but without the smoothie addition

sweet potato throw together:
1 baked sweet potato peeled and cut into fourths
1/2 cup black beans
1/4 cilantro
1/4 sliced tomato
2 tbsp salsa
2 cups mustard greens simmered till bright green
1 tbsp lemon juice

Voila dinner salad :) I had actually brought this for lunch today, but wasn't sure if I would make it home for dinner, so decided to save it for dinner, and go out for lunch instead.




No comments:

Post a Comment