Friday, May 30, 2014

On the go

I've been working in the field and in the lab more than usual past couple of days, so it's been busy.  I haven't had a lot of time in the kitchen, so my days have been looking like:

1/4 cup of chia seeds soaked in 'milk' or water.  Mixed with micropinch of stevia and 1 tsp cocoa
This is a really quick bfast, I ran out of fruit.. so .. limits the full bfast a bit.

or, I grab some natures path "mesa sunrise" cereal with almond milk.  Pretty quick.

For a to go sandwich, I have been toasting bread, and then lathering it with peanut butter, and sprinkling raisins on the inside.  Once I put it together, wrap it up and eat it later for lunch.. somehow because it was hot when I wrapped it up.. the texture of the bread is pretty amazing.  It's kinda weird.. but I have been enjoying the peanut butter raisin sandwiches.

I've also been bringing snap peas and mini bell peppers to snack on.

Today I brought a raspberry chia kombucha drink, which was an awesome snack time drink :)

Sometimes I am so into kombucha and I want them all of the time, maybe it has to do with the weather getting warmer?

When I got home from work I had a raspberry lemononade popsicle. amazing. I am pretty sure it's been about 7 years since I last had a popsicle.. okay maybe closer to 2 :)

Some friends invited us over for dinner, and they made a quinoa and broccoli salad, it was amazing, it seems like they had used a lot of kale for it too and grilled it prior? It was delicious, and there were pumpkin seeds for garnish.  They had also made a really pretty red cabbage salad, just red cabbage maybe balsamic vinegar and seasonings? Not sure but very simple and very good.

For an appetizer they grilled bread, if I remember right, it was ciabatta bread and first they lathered the bread with oil and seasonings, there was a basil spread and tomatoes sliced, to go on top. It was so delicious!

For dessert vegan chocolate cupcakes!  Red velvet :) made with beets! wow they were incredible.  My friend mentioned that she has a blog so I will be posting a link to the recipe soooon :)

I was also gifted a Kombucha Mother, tonight I decided to make a batch. In the next blog I'll note the process :)



No comments:

Post a Comment