Saturday, May 3, 2014

Jalapeño Hummus Quesadillas

I haven't been that great lately at making proper meals. My last final was yesterday and now I have a proposal to really hash out and get done asap.  It's due in 10 days, and proposal writing is a whole new endeavor on my end.

Breakfast was the same old chia plus chocolate plus apples.  See  Busy Mondays for the recipe.

Today I put closer to 3 tbsp of cocoa powder and it was amazing, so chocolatey.  Somehow I've misplaced my stevia.. so I haven't been using it, but apparently with enough cocoa powder it's still amazing.

Lunch I was super lazy today, I had 3 half face toasted sandwiches with coconut peanut butter and vegan chocolate chips.  I know, what can I say, finals.

Dinner I had made some very easy

Jalapeno Hummus Quesadilla
makes 1 quesadilla

1 brown rice tortilla (I use Food for Life brand)
2 tbsp of Jalapeno garlic havarti 'cheese' (Daiya brand)
1/2 zucchini sliced thinly
1/2 tomato chopped
2 tbsp of Jalapeno cilantro hummus (Hope Foods brand)
2-3 tbsp salsa (I thought I had some, turned out I only had tomato sauce, I know completely college student of me, but I used it, and it was actually pretty good as a dipping sauce)

Spread the 'havarti cheese' on half of the rice tortilla.  Place the zucchini and the tomato pieces on the other half.  Put it in the oven on 'broiler' for 3-4 minutes or when the 'cheese' starts to melt/bubble.  Remove from oven, sweep the vegetables atop of the cheese and add the hummus to the empty side of the tortilla, close the tortilla, put it onto a plate and serve with salsa -- or in times of no salsa, tomato sauce will do :)

Hopefully I will find my battery charger for my camera sooooon 

No comments:

Post a Comment