Friday, June 6, 2014

10 minutes

If you often find yourself in a rush, don't hesitate to make extra when you do have the time to cook, a lot of things freeze really well.  I just learned that Quinoa freezes awesome.  I had made too much quinoa just the other day and threw the rest in the freezer :)

The quick throw together
1.5 cups of already cooked frozen grain (quinoa)
1 bunch of broccoli or asparagus or bit of both chopped
3 tbsp of tomato paste
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1/8 tsp black pepper
2 dashes sea salt
1 package premade Rajma
2 tbsp thai peanut sauce (we bought premade)


I had about 1 1/2 cups of frozen quinoa in the fridge already cooked,

I threw it in a pan.  At Natural Grocer they have these pre-made Indian sauces -- I bought the red kidney beans -- Rajma, which is one of my favs.  I put it into the pan with the quinoa.

It wasn't really cooking as fast as it could, so we added about 1 cup of water.
and it sped it up, but do stir frequently so it doesn't burn the bottom, the rest of the ingredients can be added, we served the final product over some lettuce :)



No comments:

Post a Comment