Monday, April 21, 2014

Busy Mondays

A few months ago I became really bored of the regular breakfast options.  I used to be good at either getting a vegetable juice in the morning or a green smoothie.  But after having some pretty bad headaches quite often, I decided to switch up a lot in my regular food routine.  I stopped eating bananas and actually having smoothies and juices -- I wasn't sure if the easy assimilation of the sugars were maybe part of the issue in my headaches?? Really not sure.

I don't like heavy foods for breakfast.  

Somehow I ended up with this recipe, which I love.

Chocolate Apple Chia 'Cereal'
2-3 apples chopped (pears can also be used or berries) 
2tbsp-3 tbsp of chia seeds soaked in 1-2 cups of water or nut/seed mylk of choice
1 tbsp of cocoa powder
1/2 tbsp of lucuma powder (optional) 
1 micropinch of stevia

Cut up apples (pears or berries) and place in a large bowl.

Measure chia seeds and put in a glass, fill the glass almost to the rim of water or mylk.  
Let sit for 5 minutes -- stirring every minute or so.  
Add stevia and powders to chia mixture.





Once chia seeds inflate, pour them over cut fruit.  


For Lunch, I had bought some Chorizo and decided to cook that up with some beans.  

Chorizo Green Beans:
2 cups green beans
1/2 cup vegan chorizo
1 tbsp tomato paste
1 1/2 tbsp of wine vinegar
1/4 cup of water
1 dash red pepper flakes
1/4 tsp garlic powder
2 tbsp of nutritional yeast

Combine all ingredients.
Let simmer for 5-10 minutes
Until green beans have become hot
but still crunchy




No comments:

Post a Comment