Saturday, April 19, 2014

Day 1

It's finals.  And yesterday was my first visit to the new store in town, 'Natural Grocers'.

I am so used to only having a very small selection of products to choose from.

Give a vegan choices and it could be dangerous for that vegan's pocketbook.

I bought quite a bit to say the least.

I am living with a friend, and just thinking about the feast that I was going to have upon my arrival home from the grocery store made me feel way to gluttonous and disgusting.

So I was happy to give my friend and call to see if she wanted to indulge with me on all of the amazing products that I haven't been able to consume storebought since I was a non vegan.

They had things like vegan spring rolls, dumplings, cake, snacks, candy...... holy lord.

Give a vegan options during stressful finals.. oh you bet they will be spending a bit o' dough.


We had an amazing party of....

Falafels on gluten free rice tortillas
tahini and lemon dressing
lime juice just for extra moisture (falafels can be dry sometimes)
tomatoes
jalapeno and garlic havarti cheese by Daiya (amazing, this stuff melts and makes fabulous quesadillas)
fresh greens
sunflower seed sprouts

vegan dumplings with soy sauce

vegan spring rolls with that special red sauce

Broccolini -- this was previously unavailable in my town, but I must say it's an amazing vegetable!  Definitely a new favorite
I prepared it by sizzling 2 cloves of garlic in 2 tsp of oil in a pan.  Adding 2 cups of chopped broccolini 2 heads of brocollini and stirring.
I put in about 1tsp of kelp powder-- a salt substitute
1/4 tsp of garlic powder
1-2 tbsp of nutritional yeast
1 tsp of vegan butter (earthbalance)

It came out amazing!  very lovely.

We also snacked on baked nori squares - sesame flavored
jalapeno kettle chips -- oh so addictive and amazing

After dinner we indulged in Vegan icecream which happened to also be low glycemic!  Luna and Larry's Organic Coconut Bliss icecream flavored Chocolate Walnut and Brownie!! :):)  Oh it was delish.

We finished eating around 10pm :):)

What an amazing evening of food!!!

Thanks Natural Grocers :)



No comments:

Post a Comment